Friday, December 18, 2009

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts

Courage…is nothing less than the power to overcome danger, misfortune, fear, injustice, while continuing to affirm inwardly that life, with all its sorrows, is good; that everything is meaningful, even if in a sense beyond our understanding; and that there is always tomorrow....


Just read a short story by an anonymus authur over the net on courage...

Not long ago I stopped by a local playground to watch a Little League baseball game. To get myself up to speed, I asked one of the youngsters what the score was. “We’re behind 16 to nothing,” he answered. “I must say you don’t seem discouraged,” I said. “Why is that?” “Discouraged?” said the boy. “Why should we be discouraged? We haven’t even been up to bat yet.” (so keep swinging, it's not over yet!)

No comments:

Post a Comment